Perform For Life – Behaviour Policy
Our aim is to foster a safe, secure and supportive environment where children and young people can learn, develop their creative and performance potential, and enjoy themselves.
We aim to enhance self-esteem, as well as to encourage creativity and self-discipline. These will allow each student to realise their full performance potential.
Respect for others and self-respect lie at the heart of this policy and therefore at the heart of our practice.
All children/young people have the right to learn in a safe environment. Therefore, it is important to ensure that all students know what is expected of them and what the boundaries are.
In order to achieve this, students should abide by the following during lessons (which they will be reminded of at the start of each term):
1. Listen when others are talking.
2. If you have something to say, put your hand up.
3. Have the confidence to try out new ideas – including your own.
4. Always cooperate with others.
5. Support and encourage your peers.
6. Focus on the task at hand.
7. Make sure that the content of your work / performance is appropriate.
8. Ask for your Tutor’s permission before you touch or use any of the equipment in the lesson space.
Additionally, we remind students that Perform For Life will not tolerate the following:
- Violence, bullying, vandalism, rudeness or bad language
- Retaliation, hitting or taking retribution into child’s own hands
- Humiliation, belittling behaviour or isolating behaviour
- Disruptive behaviour that affects the learning or enjoyment of others
If a student observes any of the above behaviour, they are reminded – and encouraged – to raise this with a Tutor.
In the event that a student is not abiding by the above, they will be reminded of this policy. If a problem persists, it may be necessary to raise this with parents/guardians, and could result in the student in question being asked to withdraw from lessons.
When students abide by the above, their learning, progress, development and enjoyment of lessons is enhanced and guaranteed.