Why do we do LAMDA, Trinity & RSL exams at Perform For Life?
…For the students!
Children and young people can benefit in a variety of ways from working towards an exam in the Performing Arts. The process not only increases performance ability – it also encourages confidence and develops life skills.
When our students work towards a Performing Arts exam, they:
- Are awarded with an Internationally recognised qualification
- Gain measure of their commitment, progress and ability
- Expand their performance ability and technique
- Develop additional life skills, such as public speaking or interview skills; improved memory and coordination; self-discipline; self-evaluation and independent learning; teamwork and collaboration; increased awareness of and appreciation for theatre and literature
- Gain accreditation for doing something that they love!
Further, students can gain UCAS points from higher exam grades, contributing to their University applications
What are LAMDA, Trinity College London and RSL?
Through their lessons, we encourage students to prepare for exams with renowned examination boards LAMDA, Trinity College London and Rockschool London.
LAMDA houses both one of the UK’s oldest and most respected awarding bodies, as well as the renowned drama school, The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. As an awarding body, LAMDA offers practical examinations in Communication and Performance studies.
Trinity College London is a leading international exam board for the Performing Arts and English Language. Like LAMDA, the exam board is also affiliated with the Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
Rockschool London‘s Graded Music exams ensure any aspiring Pop / Contemporary singing is equipped with the skills needed for both solo and session singing. RSL’s PAA (Performance Arts Awards) examinations are the only group examinations in the UK to assess each candidate individually.
Perform For Life uses each of these examination boards not only due to their worldwide reputations. In addition, each one offers a variety of graded exams in different performance focuses, including Singing / Music, Drama / Communication and Dance / Movement. This then enables us to tailor sessions and the preparation process towards the students and their needs.
Tutors are experienced in teaching and knowledgable in the LAMDA, Trinity and RSL syllabuses we offer.
All photos ©️ Adrian Hyde Photography